My This Life

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Operation

On 5/9/07 - I'd an operation @ Gleneagles.
The night before I didnt sleep well. If you ask me if I was afraid, I wasnt exactly.
Was I worried? I was alittle. I was worried of complication. I was worried of what if....

On the other hand, I know I've to get it done as quickly as possible.
I cant sit & wait & hope it will heal by itself, it won't.

Dami didnt want to accompany me to the hospital initially when I told him about the op.
Maybe because of PMS, I got v emotional, I cried & cried & cried.
His reason was he has a flight to catch & therefore cant see me to the hospital.
And he argued that I said I'll arrange for my sis to accompany me.

But that was before I knew his flight is actually 12pm!
When I told him I need to be admitted @ 7.30am & surgery @ 10.30am, he didnt volunteer.
I told him is the thought that matters.

He called me the day before the op. He asked me how I am going to the hospital the next day.
I said: "Take bus, by myself lor".
By then my emotion has calmed down. It didnt matters anymore if he's going w me, of cos it'll be bonus if he did.

God grant me that bonus, he said it's so pathetic to check in on my own that he'll go w me.
So we took a cab there. On the 7th floor where the day wards are, there're 2 people seated @ the lobby. I went to pay the deposit & watched tv for awhile before the nurse called me in to get ready.

Kissed Dami goodbye, I started the journey alone. I was thinking how am I going to pass this 2 hrs....(8.30-10.30am) I thought it would be a long wait, I was wrong.

The nurse got me to change, asked my a list of questions, I made 2 phone calls to Apple & VV. Before I know it, I'm been wheeled to the operation theatre.

Now it has been 4 days. I'm healing well.
Received gifts from colleagues/friends really cheer me up!
Thank God for his blessing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home